Sourdough is the perfect bread to use for French toast. It’s sturdier and healthier than other breads. This is a super simple recipe that uses ingredients you most likely already have at home. It’s also great for reducing waste. This recipe actually works best with Sourdough thats a few days old and a bit stale.
This dish is sure to keep you, your friends and family happy and healthy with no fuss.
- Sourdough bread (preferably a few days old)
- 2 Eggs
- Splash of milk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Blueberries – fresh or frozen (pop in the microwave for a couple of minutes)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Honey / maple syrup / golden syrup
- Lightly whip the eggs in a shallow dish
- Add a splash of milk, cinnamon, vanilla essence and mix it all
- Soak the bread in the dish for about 30 seconds, flip and repeat
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat
- Cook bread on each side until medium brown
- Pour over the blueberries, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of icing sugar