If you have never tried a tuna melt then we definitely recommend giving this recipe a go.
The easy cheesy Tuna melt is packed full of flavour packed into healthy sourdough toast. It has the crunch of the celery, melty cheese and oozes with a delicious tuna mix. This is a sandwich you can make a proper meal out of and have it for dinner.
- Tinned Tuna
- 1 stalk Celery diced
- Green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Garlic powder / granules
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Tomato slices
- Cheese slices
- In a bowl mix the Tuna, celery, green onions, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, chilli flakes
- Butter the outside of the sourdough
- Lay out slices of cheese and evenly spread with tuna mix
- Layer on slices of tomato and more cheese. Close with second slice of sourdough
- Cook in pan, grill or sandwich press until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.