- Preparation Time 15 mins
- Cooking Time 10 mins
- Serves 6
- Difficulty Super Easy
- Diet Vegan
Learn how to make Panzanella.
What is Panzanella?
This is a Tuscan Bread Salad. Bread is the main ingredient of this salad. Traditionally it is made with stale, dried bread with a dressing of sweet tomato juices, vinegar and plenty of olive oil.
This is the perfect dish to bring to a BBQ, garden party or picnic. It goes perfectly with grilled chicken and this recipe is vegan too! We used our seeded sourdough Cob for this one.
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 3 slices of sourdough
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium sized ripe tomatoes
- 16 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber, halved length ways and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 large basil leaves, torn up
- Add the olive oil, garlic, dijon mustard, black pepper and lemon to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add onions to the mix and let it soak for 15 minutes
- Add tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers and cucumber and mix.
- For the sourdough – this recipe works great with stale bread. Cut or tear the bread into cubes and let it dry out in a low heat in the oven about 10 minutes. Making crispy and golden croutons.
- Tear in the basil leaves
This recipe is fresh, healthy and vegan friendly but there are many variations you can play around with.
- Little mozzarella balls would go great with this one
- Add shredded chicken or prosciutto
- Sprinkle some parmesan at the end
- Add a splash of red wine vinegar