Serve these breakfast Rolls up for a quick and easy breakfast or lunch. They are budget friendly, hassle free and no crazy ingredients. One of the best things about these? No dishes to wash up after!
When we say ‘breakfast rolls’ we don’t mean the the whole plate of a full Irish stuffed into a baguette with ketchup spilling out. We mean the this round, soft roll that is better known as a breakfast roll across Europe. You can buy them here. These rolls make the perfect bowls for this recipe.
We use some basic ingredients that you’ll probably have lying around the house in this recipe. You can have fun with this and use up any leftovers in this recipe or change it up a bit. We choose Dennys Fire & Smoke Chipotle ham which added a lovely flavour. Add some scallions, or cherry tomatoes. Line the bun with pesto or cream cheese. Feeling indulgent? Add a dollop of heavy cream to each egg. You can make this recipe your own.
- 4 eggs
- 4 European breakfast rolls
- 4 slices of ham
- Fresh parsley ( or others – Chives
- Grated cheese – cheddar or parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven 190 °C
- Cut the top, rounded part of the rolls off. Scoop out the inside with a spoon
- Keep the insides for stuffing or breadcrumbs
- Line each roll with ham. If you don’t use ham the egg may soak through the bread.
- Crack an egg into each roll
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the egg
- Add parsley on top and salt and pepper to season.
- Pop them in the oven without the tops for 25 minutes
- 5 minutes before they are done, add the bread tops to the tray to toast them.
- Make sure egg is cooked to your liking and enjoy!