Time: 30 minutes
Not a fan of the typical grilled cheese? This might be more your cup of tea. We gave Sabrina Ghayour’s quick and easy halloumi, harissa and honey toastie a go.
Swap out the cheddar for a salty, chewy halloumi. The combination of harissa with honey is delicious and goes perfectly with sourdough bread.
- Halloumi 250g – Cut into slices
- Sourdough bread lightly toasted
- Harissa paste or if you have Harissa seasoning you can mix it with some olive oil
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- Honey – 2tbsp
- Heat a drop of olive oil in a pan and fry the halloumi until golden on both sides.
- Lightly toast the sourdough and layer on the halloumi.
- Smear your harissa paste across the halloumi and drizzle the honey on top.
- Finally top with your tomato slices and season with black pepper and finish with the second slice of halloumi.
- Either pop it in a sandwich press or grill it for a few minutes each side in a buttered pan. If you are frying it in a pan, weigh it down with a plate.