A delicious sandwich based on the classic Caprese Salad. It contains all the things that you would expect from a Caprese salad including mozzarella, tomato, basil and even a delicious balsamic glaze.
- Sourdough Bread
- Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey or sugar
- Add the vinegar and honey to a small pot over medium hit. Let it simmer until reduced by half. Make sure not to boil. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble the sandwich start by spreading your pesto on both slices of bread.
- Add the rocket, sliced mozzarella and a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on the balsamic glaze and close with the second slice of bread.
- Spread butter or mayonnaise on the outside of the bread. Heat the sandwich in a grill, sandwich press or air fryer.