Here is a fresh tomato recipe and pairs perfectly with one of our sourdough cobs. Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes with garlic, basil, olive oil, and vinegar, served on toasted slices of sourdough.
This classic Italian appetizer is the perfect summer dish.
This is such an easy crowd-pleaser full of flavour and you don’t even need to turn the oven or the stove on.
If you are serving this to a group we found the best way to do it is to arrange the toasts on a platter and keep the tomato mixture in a separate bowl. Let everyone assemble their own. If you do assemble it for everyone make sure to do it right before serving. If the mixture is sitting on the toast for a while the bread will go soggy.
- Breadski Brothers Seeded Sourdough Cob
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 8 Tomatoes diced
- 8 leaves of fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl gently mix the onions, tomatoes, and garlic taking care not to mash the tomatoes
- Mix in the basil, season with salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Let the tomato mix marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Toast the slices of sourdough so it’s golden. Half the bigger slices so they are easier to pick up with one hand
- Right before serving spoon the mixture on top of the toasted bread. Alternatively, you can lay out the mixture and bread for people to serve themselves