Diet: Adaptable – Choose veggie toppings or dairy free cheese
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Course: Snack, easy lunch
While this is so simple sometimes we just don’t think about how tasty we can make a slice of bread. This is the perfect go to snack that can be made within minutes. Feed the kids in a rush after school or even a midnight snack for yourself.
This is one that the kids can help you with. Set up a little station with toppings using what ever you have in the house. It is such an adaptable recipe you can use any type of topping. We suggest pepperoni, ham, peppers, onions, olives or even leftover sausage!
Alter depending how many people are eating. You can use a whole loaf of bread and feed a crowd or have a pizza party.
- Bread – We used the MMM Delicious White Bread
- Pizza Sauce – West Cork
- Hot Sauce – We used Meltdown Hot sauce to add some spice
- Mix of cheddar and mozzarella grated cheese
- Preheat oven grill to high
- Place bread on baking sheet. Spread a mix of the pizza and hot sauce on each slice.
- Sprinkle over grated cheese
- Add any toppings of your choice, we used pepperoni
- Sprinkle over oregano and any other herbs you may want
- Place in oven and keep an eye on it until cheese is melted. This should only take a few minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool especially before serving to children.