Prep Time: 15 minutes
This Chickpea Smash is the perfect sandwich filler. It’s quick and healthy and goes great in a sandwich or in salads. It can be your vegan alternative to vegan or tuna salad.
We served ours with MMM Family Bakery Kaiser roll. They are perfect for the kid’s lunchbox, will make lots of sandwiches, and healthy!
If you are feeding a party this recipe can be easily doubled.
It’s also very versatile, you substitute certain veg for your favourites like green onions or celery. Change up the flavours, add some curry powder.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 Red Pepper diced
- 1 tbsp dill pickles diced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dill powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Roughly mash them with a masher or the back of a fork until you reach the desired texture. Some people prefer chunky, we prefer very mashed and it holds its shape better
- Add in all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Spread on your bread of choice. Serve with leafy greens.
- This will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.