We make an Air Fried Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich with homemade burger sauce served on a brioche burger bun.
We’ve been pushing the air fryer to its limits and we were blown away but this one. Crispy, juicy fried chicken burger with all of the flavour and none of the guilt.
This is one that we will be definitely enjoying time and time again that can definitely replace the cheeky fast food takeaway. You can also try this method to use chicken tenders.
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Toppings – Pick whatever you want for these. We chose –
- Pickles / Gherkins
- You could also add cheese, lettuce, onions etc
- Add Buttermilk, chicken fillets and pickle juice to a bowl or lunchbox. Cover or seal and let it marinade for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Then mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Shake off the excess buttermilk and dip the marinated chicken into the flour mixture until fully covered.
- Spray the chicken with cooking oil
- Put in air fryer at 200’C for 16 minutes – 8 minutes, flip and cook for another 8.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together
- Lighty toast the burger bun and spread sauce on the surface
Build burger and enjoy.